Saratoga Springs earned the No. 2 seed in Class A, the top for a local team when the pairings were announced Saturday night in the Section II Field Hockey Tournament.
The Blue Streaks host No. 7 Columbia in a quarterfinal Thursday at the Adirondack Sports Complex.
Queensbury earned the No. 3 seed in Class B and will host sixth-seeded Glens Falls in a quarterfinal Tuesday. South Glens Falls is seeded fourth and will host Emma Willard that day.
In Class C, action begins Monday with Salem-Cambridge at Ichabod Crane and Greenwich at Granville in first-round games. Warrensburg earned the No. 3 seed and hosts No. 6 Corinth in a quarterfinal Wednesday. Also that round, fifth-seeded North Warren plays at fourth-seeded Schuylerville.
Section II Tournament
(Each team’s first games shown)
5. Guilderland at 4. Bethlehem, 3 p.m.
6. Shaker at 3. Niskayuna, 3 p.m.
7. Columbia vs. 2. Saratoga at Adir. Sports Complex, 4:30 p.m.
Guilderland/Bethlehem winner at 1. Shenendehowa, 3 p.m.
5. Emma Willard at 4. South Glens Falls, 3 p.m.
6. Glens Falls at 3. Queensbury, 3 p.m.
Emma Willard/South High winner at 1. Scotia, 3 p.m.
Glens Falls/Queensbury winner at 2. Burnt Hills, 5:30 p.m.
9. Salem-Cambridge at 8. Ichabod Crane, 3 p.m.
10. Greenwich at 7. Granville, 3 p.m.
Salem-Cambrige/IC winner at 1. Johnstown, 3 p.m.
5. North Warren at 4. Schuylerville, 3 p.m.
Greenwich/Granville winner at 2. Hoosick Falls, 3 p.m.
6. Corinth at 3. Warrensburg, 3 p.m.