When crews battling the massive Bootleg Fire saw wind-driven flames race across the treetops, they had one option: retreat.
A fire at an industrial park plant in Kingsbury prompted a large response from emergency crews throughout the region on Wednesday afternoon, though no injuries were reported.
No one was hurt in a fire that damaged a house with apartments on Main Street on Wednesday.
Emergency crews on Thursday quickly extinguished an apartment fire in the village, which resulted in no injuries but the loss of two pet cats and a heavy damage to a personal vehicle.
A fire sent flames up the side of the newly constructed Saranac Waterfront Lodge and filled one wing of the hotel with smoke Tuesday afternoon
A house on Fulton Street in Glens Falls was heavily damaged by fire late Sunday night.
In tiny Merinac, KS, Chicken Mimi’s and Chicken Frannie’s have spent a century vying to serve up the best fried chicken in the state — and the legendary feud between their respective owners, the Moores and the Pogociellos, has lasted just as long. No one feels the impact more than 35-year-old widow Amanda Moore, who grew up working for her mom at Mimi’s before scandalously marrying Frank Pogociello and changing sides to work at Frannie’s. Tired of being caught in the middle, Amanda sends an SOS to Food Wars, the reality TV restaurant competition that promises $100,000 to the winner. But in doing so, she launches both families out of the frying pan and directly into the fire … with a greedy producer stoking the flames, their friendly rivalry quickly turns into a game of chicken.
California has already set a record with 2 million acres burned this year, and the worst part of the wildfire season is just beginning. See the latest photos and learn more about the worst U.S. wildfires.
As a historian of fire, I know that no single factor drives it. Flames synthesize their surroundings. Fire is a driverless car that barrels down the road integrating whatever is around it.
MOREAU — Three people evacuated safely on Saturday after their mobile home was destroyed by fire.
BERLIN (AP) — A German motorist is being credited for his quick thinking after his engine caught fire on the Autobahn. He turned to a slightly different foam extinguisher to douse the flames: bottles of beer.
Xie Desheng snuffed out 52 open flames with nothing but ninja-like precision. He just whacks the tip of the candles with his nunchucks. His grace under fire (ha) deserves praise.
WILTON — The Adirondack Trust Co. branch, which was destroyed by fire during a 2017 snowstorm, recently celebrated its re-opening.
"If they take me out of here, it will be at gunpoint," Brad Weldon said. "My mom says they'll have to beat her ass, too. She ain't going without a fight."
TICONDEROGA — 17 fire departments battled a Saturday night blaze that started in the kitchen area of a Ticonderoga restaurant, quickly engulfi…
GLENS FALLS — Glens Falls firefighters put out a suspicious fire that started outside The Daily Double bar early Wednesday and damaged the bui…