KINGSBURY — A Kingsbury man was taken to a downstate hospital burn unit on Tuesday after he suffered burns when a fire fueled by a home oxygen tank burned his face, officials said.
The Route 196 resident was taken to the hospital via helicopter after firefighters were called to his home shortly before 9 a.m. His injuries were not initially considered life-threatening.
The Kingsbury Fire Department said the initial report was that he lighted a cigarette around a home oxygen tank, and a fire ensued. Numerous fire departments were called, but the fire was out when they arrived.
The Washington County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
More details will be posted when they become available.