Ten Saratoga County businesses failed an underage alcohol sale compliance check conducted last week by the Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office.
Underage volunteers were sent into a total of 60 businesses to conduct a controlled purchase of alcohol to check to see if the clerk would sell alcohol to a person under the age of 21, according to a news release.
The following businesses failed compliance:
- Exxon, 1284 state Route 9, Moreau
- M and M Fuels, 3 Gansevoort Road, South Glens Falls
- Speedway, 3006 state Route 50, Wilton
- Speedway 1583 state Route 9, Halfmoon
- Stewart’s Shops, 3 Saratoga Ave., South Glens Falls
- Stewart’s Shops, 1917 state Route 32, Northumberland
- Stewart’s Shops, 208 Broad St. Schuylerville
- Sunoco 2465 state Route 9, Malta
- Sunoco 667 Hudson Ave., Stillwater
- Yemill Mini-Mart 66 3rd St., Waterford
In each case, the clerk who made the sale was arrested by the Sheriff’s Office on a violation of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Law. The stores will also face sanctions from the New York State Liquor Authority.
Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter
Get the latest in local public safety news with this weekly email.