Your comment has been submitted.
There was a problem reporting this.
And in other news about Mazzone Hospitality, reported just yesterday:
"Clifton Park-based Mazzone Hospitality, the area’s largest caterer and formerly its biggest restaurant group, has agreed to pay up to $4 million to settle a lawsuit by servers claiming Mazzone wrongly withheld from their pay tips that were based on wine sales, gratuities that were labeled on banquet contracts as catering or service fees, and charges for staff meals, among other allegations. The company denies any wrongdoing, according to the proposed settlement, which has yet to be approved by a judge, but chose to pay to bring the 3-year-old suit to a close." (TU)
Just another example in the news of a local business engaging in questionable labor practices — practices that resulted in a multi-million dollar lawsuit settlement in favor of employees. Just the cost of doing business....
Comments will not be posted if any of the following rules are
- Comments must be contained to the topic of the articles only.
- Comments must be civil in tone and cannot contain personal
insults directed toward another reader.
- Profanities cannot be used, including abbreviations or
- Comments critical of crime or accident victims, or imply guilt
are not allowed.
- Comments that are potentially libelous, including those that
contain accusations not supported by facts are not allowed.
- Comments that appear to be taunting others who comment are not
- Comments should be brief and never more than 1,000 characters.
Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.