This is a list of local cancellations and postponements to try to slow the spread of coronavirus.
People have been encouraged to practice social distancing of at least 6 feet.
It is not yet clear how long things will stay closed. Some items may be rescheduled, if possible.
- Great Glens Falls Transit has suspended service.
- All meetings and luncheons for Ch. 60 Korean War Veterans Association are canceled until further notice. Any questions, contact Commander Bob Garland at 518-280-0075.
- The Frances Young Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery at Skidmore is closed and all programs are cancelled.
- The North Country Toastmasters Club #6295 has postponed its March 26 Open House Meeting in the Holden Room at Crandall Public Library. The event will be rescheduled for a future date.
- LARAC Gallery, Gift Shop, and Office will be closed to the public until March 30, at which time the staff and board will review the current situation regarding COVID-19 and will reevaluate as necessary. LARAC Staff will be working remotely and is available through email or phone. Visit LARAC on Facebook for up to date information on the local arts community and useful resources.
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters Bowl for Kids Sake scheduled for this weekend has been rescheduled until May 15, 16 and 17.
- The Conkling Center, 79 Warren St. in Glens Falls, is discontinuing all of its public programs until further notice. The center will continue its On-the-Go Transportation Service through Friday for people who are scheduled. The transportation service will be temporarily discontinued starting Monday.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Warren and Essex Counties have canceled all on-site and off-site programs, workshops and 4-H activities, including 4-H Club meetings until further notice. Offices closed to the public.
- Social Security offices will only offer phone services.
- Cool Insuring Arena has been closed to the public until at least March 30. Walkers, customers and other non-essential people will not be allowed to enter the building during this time.
- Saratoga Springs History Museum is closed.
- Southern Adirondack Independent Living Center is advising people who have appointments with staff at the center that it is suspending face-to-face appointments and will reschedule either with appointments over the phone or with an in-person appointment once that it is considered safe.
- All Catholic Masses in the Albany Diocese have been suspended until further notice. Churches will remain open for private prayer, weddings and funerals.
- St. Archibald's church in Fort Edward and St. Mary's/St. Paul's church in Hudson Falls are closed to all masses and activities until further notice.
- American Legion Post No. 574 in Hudson Falls is canceling all of its Friday night bingo games until further notice.
- The Women in Trades Expo planned for March 31 at the WSWHE BOCES Conference Center, 267 Ballard Road, Wilton, has been canceled. It will be rescheduled.
- Amtrak has suspended service on the Adirondack Line north of Albany.
- Christ Church United Methodist Church, 54 Bay St., Glens Falls, has canceled all Sunday worship services and all church related activities through at least April 8th. Pastor Meredith Vanderminden will live-stream sermons Sunday mornings at 10 a.m.
- Crandall Public Library is closed until April 13. Due books and materials will be granted an extension until April 20.
- Glens Falls Family YMCA is closed to the public.
- West Mountain Ski Area announced on Tuesday it will be closing for the season. Gore Mountain and Whiteface Ski Centers as well as all state Olympic Development facilities were closed until further notice.
- Adirondack Mountain Club closed its lodging facilities and High Peaks Information Center through April 30. Parking lots will remain open for hikers.
- The Hyde Collection has closed to the public. The museum will evaluate the closure weekly going forward.
- Bolton Free Library is canceling all library programs and outside group meetings effective immediately through April 1st.
- Wood Theater is closed through April 14.
- Queensbury Rec has canceled all current activities and all activities planned to start this month.
- North Country Community College is suspending all classes effective Monday and plans to online instruction beginning March 30 after spring break, which is scheduled for March 21 through March 29. The college is also instructing all non-essential employees to work from home.
- New York state has issued a directive canceling many civil court case appearances and trials effective Monday to curtail courthouse traffic. Family Court proceedings will occur as scheduled. Check with the court where your case is pending to determine whether your case is affected.
- New York State Museum, New York State Library and New York State Archives closing to the public.
- The Chapman Museum in Glens Falls is closed to the public until further notice.
- The League of Women Voters in Saratoga County is cancelling numerous events through April 15, check the organization's website for details.
- Pawlet, Vermont Community Church is canceling its public suppers indefinitely.
- Queensbury United Methodist Church is cancelling Sunday worship through at least April 6. Pastor Brooke Newell will livestream sermons.
- All Amorak Youth activities, including individual music lessons and the Hudson Falls Heroes program, in Hudson Falls and Fort Edward, have been canceled until school resumes.
- Bolton Town Hall will close until further notice, zoning and planning board meetings are cancelled through April. Landfill open, but residents will have to dump own garbage. Only essential employees will be working, call 518-644-2444 for more information.
- Hudson Falls United Methodist Church, 227 Main St., Hudson Falls, has canceled all Sunday worship services and church related activities through at least April 6. Modified Sunday services with Pastor Kim Reed will be recorded and posted on www.hudsonfallsumc.org.
- The Warren County Historical Society will be closed to the public until April 19. Programs and events previously scheduled will be rescheduled. Staff will continue to work during the period and will be available by phone at 518-743-0734, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook.
- World Awareness Children's Museum is closed until further notices Clinic in Salem
- Heritage Hunters of Saratoga County is cancelling meeting that was scheduled in Schuylerville
- Lake Champlain ferry service from Essex to Charlotte, Vermont has been suspended.
- The Historic Salem Courthouse will remain open on a limited basis with new hours from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday through Friday at 58 East Broadway. All classes and events have been canceled through April 15 in the Great Hall Gallery.
- Interior of Aviation Mall closed to the public.
- Warren and Washington County Municipal Centers closed to the public.
- Moreau Community Center cancels all non-essential programs.
- Many town and village halls have been closed to the public.
- Glens Falls Senior Center is closed until further notice.
People are also reading…
The Glens Falls American Legion Speaker Series program about the Vietnam War has been postponed until 2021.
- The Ticonderoga Sons of the American Legion Squadron 224 has postponed the March 26th lasagna dinner.
- The Great Upstate Boat Show
- Hudson River Shakespeare Co. performance Henry VI, Part 2 has been rescheduled until Oct. 16-18.
- Northeast Woodworkers Association's annual Woodworkers Showcase at the Saratoga Springs City Center
- Lake George Arts Project’s 29th Annual Bands and Beans
- The Women in Trades Expo scheduled at the Washington-Saratoga-Warren-Hamilton-Essex BOCES Conference Center has been canceled.
- CWI Dancing with the Adirondack Stars fundraiser
- The Queensbury High School Junior Prom has been rescheduled from April 4 to May 23. All other details about location and time remain the same.
- Trout Unlimited’s Adirondack Chapter has canceled its April 4 annual banquet.
The Wilton Democratic Committee has canceled its Spring Social April 5 at McGregor Country Club. The event has not been rescheduled at this time. For more information, contact event chair Tom Federlin at email@example.com.
- Kids Exchange Consignment Sale at the Chase Sports Complex is postponed to May 30. Consigners and volunteers can register on May 2.
In this Series
- 206 updates