Any parent out there reading this would have to agree that children are expensive little creatures. They eat everything in sight, they grow nonstop and they need a lot of stuff.
If you are lucky and know a family with children a little older than yours, they might give you clothing and items when their children outgrow them. When my kids were small, I knew a couple of friends of ours who would give away items. It was a great money-saver, and helped me out with extra play clothes for them.
Today consignment shops are a big business. Whether you are trying to save a little money or save the world by buying used, consignment shops are a great place to find deals for your kids. They have anything from onesies and cribs, to high chairs and toys. I am always looking at consignment shops for things I can use in my day care. And I have found some really great deals at places around our region. I would like to share some of my favorite places to go to save money for your little ones.
- Cuddle Bugs Boutique is located at 118 Quaker Road in Queensbury. The phone number is 761-9066. There
- is also a store at 451 Lake Ave. in Saratoga Springs; the number 306-6728. It’s a great place to find deals on baby gear, nursery furniture, girls and boys clothing sizes preemie through kids 8. They also offer maternity clothing and toys.
- Kids Closet Consignment Boutique is located at 4 S. Western Ave. in Glens Falls. The phone number is 636-5564. The store has daily specials on specific items, such as 20 percent off shoes on Monday, or 20 percent off toy
- s, books and games on Thursday.
- One of my favorite sales is coming April 16. The Kids’ Exchange Consignment Sale is located at the Chase Sports Complex, 22 Hudson Falls Road, South Glens Falls. The event has everything and, this year, clothing sizes are up to children 16. It is the largest nonprofit consignment sale in New York.
- Once you are done shopping for your little ones, head over to Finders Keepers located at 103 Warren St. in Glens Falls. The phone number is 761-5475. The store offers a great assortment of clothing, accessories, shoes, furs and vintage items for adults. It also has beautiful prom dresses a
- nd wedding dresses at great prices.
In my monthly class at The Post-Star, I teach different ways to save money and spend wisely. Sign up for the next class, which is at 6 p.m. April 19,by calling 742-3309, or visiting poststar.com/couponclass.
Head over to my blog at Making Cent$ About Extreme Couponing! Post your questions, comments and deals in the comments section.