The Third Thursday Glens Falls Art Walk will be held Thursday at venues across the city.
In an effort to make the Third Thursday experience more enjoyable and the galleries more accessible, Art in the Public Eye, the sponsoring group, and Greater Glens Falls Transit will offer a Third Thursday Trolley. Tickets can be purchased on board for $1 - or $1.50 round-trip.
The Hyde Collection will offer a free film and lecture, "Picturing a Metropolis: New York City Unveiled," from 5:30-7 p.m. at the museum on Warren Street. Film curator and archivist Bruce Posner will present a lecture on his acclaimed retrospective of early American avant-garde films.
Performers from the Saratoga Shakespeare Company will perform in City Park before a free screening at dusk of the 1996 film version of "Twelfth Night."
Adirondack Theatre Festival will present sample treats of theater-themed offers at Cooper's Cave, Davidson Brothers and Rock Hill Bakehouse.
Art receptions, which will be held form 5 to 8 p.m., include:
- The Glen at Hiland Meadows, 39 Longview, works by Rachel Jackson
u Glens Falls Senior Center, 380 Glen St., winners from The Hyde's Annual High School Juried Show
- Chapman Historical Museum, 348 Glen St., "Seneca Ray Stoddard's Adirondack Waterfalls"
- 6 Pine Street Gallery, 6 Pine St., paintings by Ludmila Gayvoronsky
- North Country Coffee Cafe, 11 South St., photography by Tom Watkins
- Crandall Public Library, 251 Glen St., Folklife Center - "Foodways" exhibit
- Lapham Gallery at LARAC, 7 Lapham Place, "LARAC Member Show" and songwriters' concert
- City Hall Gallery by NCAC, 42 Ridge St., watercolors by Rachael Rhianna
- Red Fox Books, 28 Ridge St., author Don Jones and author Joe Cutshall-King
- Scoville Jewelers, 167 Glen St., not announced
- Sterling & Company, 203 Glen St., jewelry designer Mylissa Corlew
- UnCorked Glens Falls, 217 Glen St., New York City photography by Nick Amplo
- Achenbachs Jewelers, 220 Glen St., paintings by Nancy Robinson
- Vantage Gallery at APE, 176 Glen St., Jeremy Holmes' "1/4 Mile" with music by Colorful Tones
- Orange Cat Cafe, 21
Elm St., paintings by Jim Denne
u Rock Hill Bakehouse Cafe, 19 Exchange St., paintings by Joe Richichi
- go! at Aimie's, Glen St., "Cultural Role of Dance Around the World"