Details for CORINTH CENTRAL SCHOOL-LEGALS - Ad from 2019-08-14


Corinth Central School today announced a free and reduced price policy for Corinth area school children. Local school officials have adopted the following family eligibility criteria to
assist them in determining eligibility:
Free Eligibility Scale

Reduced Price Eligibility Scale

Free Lunch, Breakfast, Milk



Reduced Price Lunch, Breakfast


Twice per

Every Two





Twice per

Every Two
































































































Each Add’l
person add






Each Add’l
person add






SNAP/TANF/FDPIR Households: Households that currently include children who receive
the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) but who are not found during
the Direct Certification Matching Process (DCMP), or households that currently receive
Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), or the Food Distribution Program on
Indian Reservations (FDPIR) must complete an application listing the child’s name, a valid
SNAP, TANF, or FDPIR case number and the signature of an adult household member.
Eligibility for free meal benefits based on participation in SNAP, TANF or FDPIR is extended
to all children in the household. When known to the School Food Authority, households
will be notified of their children’s eligibility for free meals based on their participation in
the SNAP, TANF or the FDPIR programs. No application is necessary if the household was
notified by the SFA their children have been directly certified. If the household is not sure if
their children have been directly certified, the household should contact the school.
Other Source Categorical Eligibility: When known to the School Food Authority,
households will be notified of any child’s eligibility for free meals based on the individual
child’s designation as Other Source Categorically Eligible, as defined by law. Children are
determined Other Source Categorically Eligible if they are Homeless, Migrant, Runaway,
A foster child, or Enrolled in Head Start or an eligible pre-kindergarten program.
If children or households receive benefits under Assistance Programs or Other Source
Categorically Eligible Programs and are not listed on the notice of eligibility and are not
notified by the School Food Authority of their free meal benefits, the parent or guardian
should contact the school or should submit an income application.
Other Households: Households with income the same or below the amounts listed above
for family size may be eligible for and are urged to apply for free and/or reduced price meals
(or free milk). They may do so by completing the application sent home with the letter to
parents. One application for all children in the household should be submitted. Additional
copies are available at the principal’s office in each school. Applications may be submitted
any time during the school year to Lisa Tevendale. Please contact Lisa Tevendale at
(518) 654-9005 ext. 3114 with any questions regarding the application process.
Households notified of their children’s eligibility must contact the School Food Authority if
they choose to decline the free meal benefits. Households may apply for benefits at any
time throughout the school year. Children of parents or guardians who become unemployed
or experience a financial hardship mid-year may become eligible for free and reduced price
meals or free milk at any point during the school year.
For up to 30 operating days into the new school year (or until a new eligibility determination
is made, whichever comes first) an individual child’s free or reduced price eligibility status
from the previous year will continue within the same SFA. When the carryover period ends,
unless the household is notified that their children are directly certified or the household
submits an application that is approved, the children’s meals must be claimed at the paid
rate. Though encouraged to do so, the SFA is not required to send a reminder or a notice
of expired eligibility.
The information provided on the application will be confidential and will be used for
determining eligibility. The names and eligibility status of participants may also be used
for the allocation of funds to federal education programs such as Title I and National
Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), State health or State education programs,
provided the State agency or local education agency administers the programs, and for
federal, State or local means-tested nutrition programs with eligibility standards comparable
to the NSLP. Eligibility information may also be released to programs authorized under
the National School Lunch Act (NSLA) or the Child Nutrition Act (CNA). The release of
information to any program or entity not specifically authorized by the NSLA will require a
written consent statement from the parent or guardian.
The School Food Authority does, however, have the right to verify at any time during the
school year the information on the application. If a parent does not give the school this
information, the child/children will no longer be able to receive free or reduced price meals
(free milk).

Foster children are eligible for free meal benefits. A separate application for a foster child is
no longer necessary. Foster children may be listed on the application as a member of the
family where they reside. Applications must include the foster child’s name and personal
use income.
Under the provisions of the policy, the designated official will review applications and
determine eligibility. If a parent is dissatisfied with the ruling of the designated official,
he/she may make a request either orally or in writing for a hearing to appeal the decision.
Susan Foley, whose address is Corinth Central School, 105 Oak Street, Corinth,
New York 12822, has been designated as the Hearing Official. Hearing procedures are
outlined in the policy. However, prior to initiating the hearing procedure, the parent or
School Food Authority may request a conference to provide an opportunity for the parent
and official to discuss the situation, present information, and obtain an explanation of the
data submitted in the application or the decisions rendered. The request for a conference
shall not in any way prejudice or diminish the right to a fair hearing.
Only complete applications can be approved. This includes complete and accurate
information regarding: the SNAP, TANF, or FDPIR case number; the names of all household
members; on an income application, the last four digits of the social security number of
the person who signs the form or an indication that the adult does not have one, and the
amount and source of income received by each household member. In addition, the parent
or guardian must sign the application form, certifying the information is true and correct.
Beginning July 1, 2019, students in New York State that are approved for reduced
price meals will receive breakfast and lunch meals at no charge.
Nondiscrimination Statement: This explains what to do if you believe you have been
treated unfairly.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees,
and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from
discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or
retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded
by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program
information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should
contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are
deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal
Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available
in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program
Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:
complaint_filing _cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA
and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of
the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;


fax: (202) 690-7442; or



This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


You may be interested in

Welcome to the discussion.

Comments will not be posted if any of the following rules are violated:
- Comments must be contained to the topic of the articles only.
- Comments must be civil in tone and cannot contain personal insults directed toward another reader.
- Profanities cannot be used, including abbreviations or acronyms.
- Comments critical of crime or accident victims, or imply guilt are not allowed.
- Comments that are potentially libelous, including those that contain accusations not supported by facts are not allowed.
- Comments that appear to be taunting others who comment are not allowed.
- Comments should be brief and never more than 1,000 characters.