Partly cloudy. High 43F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph..
Partly cloudy early with increasing clouds overnight. Low 23F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Updated: January 20, 2018 @ 5:53 am
The Ninth Avenue "El", or elevated, tracks are seen looking south at 33rd Street in New York, Feb. 22, 1940. The transit commission authorized condemnation of the structure.(AP Photo)
Remember when air conditioning was a new invention and public transportation cost a nickel? …
Comments will not be posted if any of the following rules are
- Comments must be contained to the topic of the articles only.
- Comments must be civil in tone and cannot contain personal
insults directed toward another reader.
- Profanities cannot be used, including abbreviations or
- Comments critical of crime or accident victims, or imply guilt
are not allowed.
- Comments that are potentially libelous, including those that
contain accusations not supported by facts are not allowed.
- Comments that appear to be taunting others who comment are not
- Comments should be brief and never more than 1,000 characters.
Subscribe to poststar.com and help secure the future of our local reporting. Special savings available now!
Enter today for your chance to win four (4) tickets to be given away before select Adirondack Thunder home games this season.