Here is a list of what’s open and what’s closed Monday as the Presidents Day holiday is observed:
Banks and credit unions
- Most area banks and credit unions will be closed Monday, with a few exceptions. Citizens Bank branches at Price Chopper on Upper Glen Street in Queensbury, at Wal-Mart in Saratoga Springs and at the Hannaford supermarket in Saratoga Springs will be open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday. Area TD Banks will be open with regular hours Monday. U.S. financial markets will be closed Monday.
- Most Greater Glens Falls Transit buses will operate on their regular weekday schedule Monday. The following bus routes will not run on Monday: Route 9 Warren County Municipal Center/Lake George run, East or West loop service, the 6:30 a.m. Aviation Mall run and the 8:30 a.m. South Glens Falls run.
- Most local government offices in the region, including offices in Warren, Washington and Saratoga counties, will be closed Monday, with one exception. Newcomb town offices will be open Monday. Most state and federal offices will be closed Monday.
- Crandall Public Library in Glens Falls and Hudson Falls Free Library will be closed Monday. Saratoga Springs Public Library will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday.
- Area post offices will be closed Monday. Postal machines located in the lobby of the Glens Falls Post Office will be available for public use.
- Most schools, including WSWHE BOCES and Saratoga Springs City schools, will be on midwinter recess this week.
- Area shopping malls and supermarkets will be open regular hours Monday.
- Most area transfer stations and landfills will be closed Monday. All Washington County transfer stations will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
— Compiled by Marie Clum