Lake George Village Board
* Lake George Village Board, Monday evening
* Village officials will host an open forum on casino gambling on April 30. The public forum, meant to garner opinions about the possibility of casino gambling in Warren County, will be held at 6 p.m. April 30 at the Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center. The Village Board approved on Monday a $300 expenditure to rent the room at the hotel and conference center. The room holds 150 people, and Mayor Robert Blais has invited an attorney from Albany to address the public at the beginning of the meeting to provide background on the issue, as well as state Sen. Elizabeth Little, R-Queensbury, and state Assemblyman Dan Stec, R-Queensbury, Lake George town officials and other local officials from Warren County.
* The board decided to decrease the investment amount for a proposed business improvement tax credit to $10,000. Officials were initially considering a minimum of $50,000. The proposed tax credit would allow commercial property owners who make an investment of at least $10,000 to improve their property to receive a tax exemption on the improvements over a 10-year period. The exemption would be on 50 percent of the improvements for the first year, and would depreciate 5 percent each year, and would be 5 percent in the final year.
* Village officials are considering a farmers market in Shepard Park this summer. Village officials agreed to the idea conceptually, and have spoken about holding the markets on Tuesdays from June to September. If the markets continue into future years, they could potentially be held at the festival space in the Charles R. Wood Park, scheduled to be open for the summer season in 2014.
* The board approved a special event permit application from Gayle Nelson for an Italian Fest event May 18-19 in Shepard Park.
* 6 p.m. May 20 at the Village Hall