Real Estate Upickem Golf

Birthday party for teen prompts probe by authorities

2012-11-12T16:24:00Z Birthday party for teen prompts probe by authoritiesDON LEHMAN -- dlehman@poststar.com Glens Falls Post-Star
November 12, 2012 4:24 pm  •

SOUTH GLENS FALLS -- A boy’s 16th birthday party that police were told involved “strippers” giving lap dances to teenagers resulted in a police and child protective services investigation.

The Nov. 3 party was held in a private room at Spare Time bowling center in South Glens Falls.

A number of people representing themselves as parents of boys who attended have contacted The Post-Star to express concern about the gathering because their children indicated there were strippers present and that the boy for whom the party was held was given at least one “lap dance” and spanked by one of the G-string-clad women.

South Glens Police were contacted about the party and looked into it, and determined no laws were broken and no criminal charges were planned, South Glens Falls Police Patrolman Phil Lindsey said.

He said Saratoga County Child Protective Services also received a complaint independent of the concerns raised to South Glens Falls Police, and they did not find any reason to bring a child neglect case, he said.

Lindsey said police determined someone arranged to have women in bikini bathing suits enter the party and sing to the guest of honor.

“They weren’t strippers, there were ‘bikini grams’ and they came in and sang ‘Happy Birthday,’” Lindsey said. “We looked into it and there was nothing (criminal charges).”

Exposing children under the age of 17 to sexual situations or sexual contact could result in criminal charges.

A person who said she was the mother of a 15-year-old boy who attended the party said there were pictures posted on Facebook of the “strippers,” though she did not provide any of them to The Post-Star.

“The whole event is appalling,” she wrote in an email.

The mother of the birthday boy, whose family is not being identified because no charges were filed, said “No charges are filed because there were no ‘strippers’ there,” she said. “This is all someone who has a personal vengeance against us and is trying to hurt us and our children. We have four sons who are active in sports, school, student council and helping the community.”

A call to Spare Time was not returned Monday.

1. AnotherMother
    AnotherMother - November 26, 2012 1:15 pm
    I agree 100% with you Loni!
  2. dexter
    dexter - November 15, 2012 9:41 am
    It is against the law for a 14, 15 , 16 year olds to go to a juice bar. So how is this different? Yet you justified this party and breaking the law. How would it be different if I invite my sons 13, 14, 15, 16 year old friends over to my house and strattle the boys faces? Lap dance on them? pinch the nipples? And I don't even have to tell the parents that I intend to do this? Hey no big deal because CPS and SGF police have better things to do. Then I can cry...."I am a good mom and people just don't like me".......very nice example to set for our children!
  3. Sparkydo
    Sparkydo - November 14, 2012 6:11 pm
    There seems to be no denying what happened at this party by the parents. It is shocking that these parents decided to have adult women dress in skimpy bathing suits to entertain underage males without consent or informing the parents of what was going to happen. Perhaps these are the same "cool" parents who would host a graduation party and allow every 18 year old who came to drink alcohol. I'm sure if it was underage girls with a man dressed in a spedo putting his groin in the girls faces, then that would be considered appropriate. The pictures taken would clear up what sexual situations these children were put in and perhaps a better means to clarify what exactly happened. I find some of the other posts amazing when they say these children should have known better and left the party. It's very sad that those posts put the blame squarely on the children and not the adults. That clearly shows the mentality of those parents. CPS are doing a terrible job if they find nothing wrong.
  4. Kristen Constantineau
    Kristen Constantineau - November 14, 2012 5:57 pm
    Holy G-string, Batman! A picture is worth a 1,000 words. Took me a minute after seeing the picture on the channel 13 news to realize which end of the woman was up! At least she didn't discriminate, there was a picture of the woman giving a young lady a lap dance, too. If these parents have other kids younger than 16 then should be required to take parenting classes. Just wow... how can a parent rationalize that this is appropriate?
  5. dexter
    dexter - November 14, 2012 1:35 pm
    A good mother would show respect to other parents and thier children. But instead this mother showed entitlement to make good touch, bad touch choices for others children while they were in her care......then cried " I am a good mom and people don't like me"....own up to what you did and the kind of mother you are!
  6. dexter
    dexter - November 14, 2012 10:38 am
    I agree! A line was crossed. As a parent, I also would not have thought to question the content of a bowling party. I do question why these women thought it is ok to have this kind of contact with boy children. A good parent can not be defined as this one acted. No matter what her friends post here......actions speak the truth!
  7. dexter
    dexter - November 14, 2012 10:30 am
    A hired female had sexual contact with a underage boy child. Biting nipples and lap dance is of sexual nature and if you argue that it is not then why don't we see this as common activity in public places such as the mall or school hall ways? If a hired man bites nipples and lap dances on an underage girl.....This man would not be charged with a felony because this man is hired? I think we just found a new defense in Warren County for our most recent year of Child Endangerment headlines!
  8. dolphins17-0
    dolphins17-0 - November 14, 2012 9:08 am
    As a coach of youth sports it is ridiculous for parent to be backing this up. First stop with the "They don't like me and are picking on me crap." You invited strippers to a 16 yr. old party. I've seen the pictures. and so have many others in our adjacent communities. I've paid $20 at a strip joint and never rec'd such a dance. Strippers who lap dance at bars don't strip down so the statement they are not strippers because they are wearing g-strings (not thongs) is ridiculous. Further more does this family really think they are right because the boys enjoyed it. I see she has 4 boys. (perhaps if she had a daughter this would be more offensive to her). I've spoken to the boys and if I'm to believe them, there was alcohol involved also. (from an aunt). Hey, Joe you really think this is OK? This sounds like another plea for attention from the mom. YOU DIDN'T INFORM THE OTHER PARENTS ???????
  9. kingsbury
    kingsbury - November 14, 2012 5:53 am
    I think I'll re-join my old Thursday night bowling league that's still there.
  10. Loni H
    Loni H - November 13, 2012 9:05 pm
    My son attended the party -- do I think it was a big deal -- not really. Maybe you should pay more attention to your sons -- I think most 16 year olds are real curious and look at plenty of pictures. Is this something CPS should be involved or the SGF Police, I don't think so. Where is CPS when children are given tickets are underage drinking parties--that is breaking the law. We need to be policing our own children. If you think it is so offensive, maybe you should teach your children to leave and walk away from something their parents are against. I happen to think the parents of this 16 year old are very good parents. I certainly hope that you parents who are complaining so loudly have not made any mistakes in your lives!!!
  11. SocialButterfly
    SocialButterfly - November 13, 2012 4:55 pm
    lap dances, biting nipples of young boys, dollar bills, bras and g strings? Doesn't sound like a bikini gram to me.
  12. I support
    I support - November 13, 2012 4:51 pm
    yes because kids, no matter how well they are parented, leave the candy store when they see their friends standing in line even if they have been told otherwise! Give me a break! I have seen pictures and this Mom is not a good one! Very disturbing!!! Any MOM who thinks this is a good way to parent her child...this was TOTALLY SEXUAL in nature...needs therapy and CPS should be involved!
  13. VeryHotStudentThatAttended
    VeryHotStudentThatAttended - November 13, 2012 4:33 pm
    THIS PARTY WAS EPIC! AMAZING PARTY! CONGRATS ON MAKING TEENS HAVING FUN WITHOUT THE USE OF DRUGS OR ALCHY :)
  14. Disturbedmom
    Disturbedmom - November 13, 2012 3:49 pm
    A perfect parent does not exist. I also know this family well and this mother is a very good mom to her 4 boys. No laws have been broken and CPS found nothing either. Im not passifying what happened but back off bad mouthing this mother, it was her choice as a parent. If other parents have such a problem with it then talk to your kids they shouldve been smart enough to leave if YOUR parenting is so much better!
  15. RG
    RG - November 13, 2012 12:45 pm

There is so much wrong with this quote. It's so, for the lack of a better term, "Penn State-esque." The notion that, "hey, we do good things, so if we do something bad, please look the other way," is probably one of the worst messages coming out of this debacle.

The birthday boy's parents are not good at their most important jobs ... parenting.

Under no circumstance, in no society, is what they've done (hiring the "dancers") acceptable.

I'm a pretty liberal guy and I am not part of any organized religion (wanted to get that out, because I know where this will go if I don't) ... and this is disgusting behavior.

I'm just not sure which is worse .. hiring the dancers or justifying it.
  16. UR Mom
    UR Mom - November 13, 2012 11:36 am
    Probably best if you let it go. Just don't let your kids hang out there or go to their parties. Your post seems like you are looking to start trouble. It was bad taste, but it's over. Let it go.
  17. I support
    I support - November 13, 2012 9:53 am
    Grossedoutparent: If you have pictures then you should contact the police and/or the liquor authority and share them! I am sure they would be happy to look into this again!

Gs1: As a parent of a child who attended this party I can tell you NEVER did I think I should contact this family and ask if bikini clad girls were going to give lap dances, bite the nipples of boys in attendance or if the "young women" were going to stick their crotches in the face of the boys??? The party was at a bowling alley...

I also think as the organizers and chaperones of this party they had a DUTY to look out for ALL of the teenagers in attendance! I try to teach my boys to respect others and not to disrespect and objectify women. This party was a disaster and these people should be ashamed! The bottom line is these people had no right to expose our kids to this without our permission! Sadly, apparently, they think they did nothing wrong and this is the result of someone with an axe to grind!
  18. gs1
    gs1 - November 13, 2012 5:46 am
    OMG, we have to protect our children from such terrible social deviant behavior so they don't get the wrong idea on how to live their lives following society's norms. Next time go to the parents of the person involved and ask questions, before you look for your 15 min. of fame, since it will save you and your kids public embarrassment, or better yet go watch some tv and see whats on there, it might shock you to. At least nobody got killed.
  19. feckerpead
    feckerpead - November 13, 2012 12:45 am
    LOL, I would have loved that for my 16th birthday. I can see how a parent may find it offensive. I think they should have given a heads up on the bikini girls but personally I wouldn't mind my 16 year old son going to one. I might even have to attend to make sure there's no Shenanigan's.
  20. Joe LaTour
    Joe LaTour - November 12, 2012 9:44 pm
    People are so over reactive now a days it's ridiculous
  21. Grossedoutparent
    Grossedoutparent - November 12, 2012 6:52 pm
    I know the name of the family and i have pictures that im willing to share!! It wasn't a bikini gram at all the girl were wearing thongs and bras!!! Disgusting and inappropriate for children to be there!!
  22. MatttheKing
    MatttheKing - November 12, 2012 6:10 pm
    Man, looking back, my parties at Skateland and Mc Donald's really sucked.
  23. dot2dot
    dot2dot - November 12, 2012 5:17 pm
    Must be the work of an 'unpaid social liaison'...