This is a list of what is open and what is closed Monday, Columbus Day.
- Citizens Bank at Wal-Mart on Route 9, Price Chopper on Upper Glen Street in Queensbury, and at Hannaford and Wal-Mart in Saratoga Springs will be open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Citizens Bank on Bay Street in Glens Falls and on Congress Street in Saratoga Springs will be closed. Area TD Banks will be open regular hours Monday. Most other area banks and credit unions in the area will be closed.
- Greater Glens Falls Transit System schedules will be unchanged, with one exception. The Route 9 Warren County Center bus will not run.
- Crandall Public Library and Hudson Falls Free Library will be closed. Saratoga Springs Public Library will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Most government offices will be closed except South Glens Falls Village office.
- With the exception of Express Mail, there will be no regular mail delivery at area post offices. The automated postal center at Glens Falls Post Office is available 24 hours.
- Most area public schools, including BOCES for Washington-Saratoga-Warren-Hamilton-Essex counties, will be closed.
- Aviation Mall and Wilton Mall will be open with regular hours.
- The towns of Newcomb and Chester transfer/recycling centers will be open. Washington County transfer stations will be closed Monday and Tuesday. Carpenter Waste and Springer Waste Management schedules will remain the same. Lake George transfer station will begin the fall/winter schedule this week.
— Compiled by Marie Clum