HUDSON FALLS -- Twenty-four people were arrested after police from four agencies broke up an underage drinking party late Friday on Pearl Street, officials said.
A Hudson Falls Police officer was hit on the head by a coffee pot that was thrown at him, but he was not hurt. No injuries were reported, though at least two fights occurred at the gathering, Hudson Falls Police Chief Randy Diamond said.
Nearly 40 people, ages 14 to 26, were present at 6 Pearl St., apartment 4, when police were called there at 11:10 p.m. Friday, Diamond said.
Officers were sent to the home because neighbors reported a fight out front.
"They all scattered when the officers arrived, and a number of them ran into the building and wouldn't open the door," Diamond said.
As police interviewed neighbors, another fight broke out inside the building, causing people to flee; some jumped from windows, the chief said.
Officer Ryan Pedone was hit with a glass coffee pot that was thrown down a flight of stairs by an unknown person as officers were going up to the apartment where the party was occurring. The pot did not shatter and was empty when it was thrown.
Officers from the Washington County Sheriff's Office, State Police and Fort Edward Police assisted Hudson Falls Police. Alco-Sensors were used to check underage attendees for alcohol use.
The chief said 24 people between the ages of 16 and 20 were found to have been drinking and were charged with underage possession of alcohol, a non-criminal violation.
He said a number of others who had been drinking were younger than 16 and were turned over to their parents. Under state law, those younger than 16 can't be charged with non-criminal violations.
The investigation was continuing to determine who threw the coffee pot and who hosted the party, as well as to discover who supplied alcohol and who caused damage to the home. Additional arrests were likely, police said.
According to police, those charged with underage possession of an alcoholic beverage were:
* Cody Turner, 20, of Walnut Street, Glens Falls. He was also charged with disorderly conduct, a violation.
* Amanda Bemis, 17, of Birch Avenue, Glens Falls.
* Joseph Fusco, 18, of Pearl Street, Hudson Falls.
* Joseph Reynolds, 16, of Pine Street, Hudson Falls.
* Roseanne Pickering, 20, of Alta Avenue, Queensbury.
* Kaitlyn Kearns, 20, of Sweet Road, Gansevoort.
* Lezzette Hughes, 20, of Lock Street, Fort Edward.
* Johnson Gooden-Prunty, 17, of Duane Street, Schenectady.
* Tyler Ignazio, 17, of Maple Street, Glens Falls.
* Madeline Cifone, 16, of Cooper Street, Glens Falls.
* Jordan Branchocomb, 18, of Main Street, Queensbury.
* Drew Vine, 16, of Davis Street, Glens Falls.
* Anthony Fitzgerald, 16, of Montcalm Avenue, Glens Falls.
* Dillon Ball, 17, of Geer Road, Kingsbury.
* Jenna Harrington, 18, of Marigold Drive, Queensbury.
* Justina Wilmont, 18, of Vanderbuilt Terrace, Saratoga Springs.
* Dylan Bruhns, 18, of Clifton Park.
* Kyle Wilcox, 16, of Lawton Avenue, Glens Falls.
* Michael Taylor, 17, of Broad Street, Glens Falls.
* Brinna Moultrie, 17, of Vanderbuilt Terrace, Saratoga Springs.
* John Bellon, 18, of North Creek Road, Porters Corners.
* Caitlynne Sima, 18, of McCrea Street, Fort Edward.
* Jenna Jackson, 16, of Montcalm Street, Glens Falls.
* Jessica LeBrun, 18, of Montcalm Street, Glens Falls.
All 24 were released pending prosecution in Hudson Falls Village Court.