Five Ticonderoga residents were among 12 people arrested recently by State Police and the Essex County Drug Task Force during an investigation into the illegal sale of prescription drugs, police said.
The Ticonderoga Police Department and Essex County Sheriff's Office were among the agencies involved in the investigation into illegal sales of painkillers and other drugs, police said.
According to police, charged with felony counts of criminal sale of a controlled substance and criminal possession of a controlled substance were;
* Kim E. Lambert, 54, of Ticonderoga, accused of illegally selling hydrocodone.
* Lynn M. Cioffe, 48, of Ticonderoga, accused of illegally selling morphine.
* Nathan M. Peters, 25, of Ticonderoga, accused of illegally selling hydrocodone.
* Maranda T. McCaughin, 21, accused of illegally selling Adderall.
* Zack A. Muroff, 26, of Ticonderoga, accused of illegally selling oxymrphone.
Also charged with felony criminal sale of a controlled substance counts was John H. Trombley, 31, of Mineville and Theodore D. Mattison, 45, of Port Henry, police said.
The remainder of the defendants were from northern Essex County.
All of the defendants except for McCaughin were jailed for lack of bail.