Alright, husbands, wives and significant others, you have a week and a half. For what, you say? Valentine’s Day. Some dread the holiday, some love it. If you know how your partner feels, then you know what to do. And here are some great ideas to help you get the job done.
- Edible Arrangements — 20 percent off your Valentine’s Day purchase
- Kay Jewelers — 50 percent off $150 or more in store and online
- FTD — 40 percent off select merchandise
- Zales — 50 percent off select merchandise, excluding clearance
- 1-800-Flowers — New customers can receive a 20 percent discount on their first purchase.
- JCPenney — In-store coupons on different items throughout the store
- Macy’s — Printable coupon on selected merchandise. This can be used in store or online for savings.
- Shutterfly — 25 percent off your order or free shipping on orders over $75.
If buying a gift is not in the cards, you can still make that day wonderful for that special someone. Take them out to dinner, or stay home and make them a nice dinner. Or clean up and do the dishes for them after dinner. That alone is a gift I would love. It is a day about showing that person you love them and appreciate them, not about how much money you can spend on them.
Don’t forget the other important people in your life who you love. Kids, parents and grandparents as well. Candy, homemade coupon books (my favorite), cards, an afternoon play date or visit. Simple gestures will make them smile.
And wives, don’t forget your husbands. Treat them to their favorite dinner, make them a bouquet of their favorite beer and snacks, let them have the remote without a struggle, and put the kids to bed early that night. Men are pretty easy to make happy on this holiday.
Whatever you decide to do, start now so you have time to get it done. If you wait until the last minute, you will spend more in shipping and may not be able to pull off that gift in time for the holiday.
In my monthly class at The Post-Star, I go into detail about using coupons, saving money, finding monthly deals and how they will benefit your family and your pocketbook. There are free giveaways during the class as well. I would really like you to join me for my next class at 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 25. Feel free to call 518-742-3309, or go to poststar.com/couponclass.
Head over to my blog at Making Cent$ About Extreme Couponing to find some great deals around the region this week. These will point you in the right direction to saving more money. Post your questions, comments and deals in the comments section. Let’s start saving money together.