SARATOGA SPRINGS — A 140-year-old Victorian-era hotel in Saratoga Springs has reopened after a four-year, $24 million restoration.
The 32-room Adelphi Hotel on Broadway in downtown Saratoga Springs opened Sunday to visitors for the first time since it was shut down four years ago for a top-to-bottom restoration.
The Adelphi is Saratoga's oldest surviving hotel. The hotel originally opened in 1877 in the midst of Saratoga's golden age, 14 years before the spa resort town's famous thoroughbred racetrack opened.
Richbell Capital purchased the Adelphi in 2012 for $4.5 million.
The newly renovated structure features a 1,200-square-foot glass-walled conservatory housing a restaurant and a new 2,300-square-foot grand ballroom.