Last week Rep. Elise Stefanik's campaign manager, Lenny Alcivar, sent a press release asking Democratic challengers to answer these questions:
"Every candidate seeking to represent the people of the 21st District should be able to answer these basic, on the record questions:
- Will you support Nancy Pelosi for House Speaker? Yes or no?
- In the 2016 presidential primary, did you vote for Hilary Clinton or Bernie Sanders?
- In 2014 and 2016, who did you vote for in our District?
- Like Elise Stefanik, will you publicly release your tax returns? Yes or no?
- Do you support single payer healthcare? Yes or no?
- Do you believe your job is to work with President Trump, or to obstruct President Trump?
- Did you vote for Governor Andrew Cuomo in 2010 or 2014? Yes or no?"
When I received the release, I asked Alcivar, by email, Stefanik's response to the same questions.
Additionally, in the same release Alcivar said that Stefanik has held 700 constituent events. I requested the dates, locations, purpose and numbers attending the 700 events.
In the same release, Alcivar said that the congresswoman is recognized “as one of the most open, transparent and bipartisan members of Congress.”
I requested the name of the organization or body bestowing this recognition or a link to this information to confirm the information.
As of Tuesday afternoon, I did not receive a reply. I sent the same message again and also asked questions regarding Stefanik's campaign contributions.
By 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 20, I did not get a response.
So I'm still waiting. I'll keep you posted on what happens.